ADVERTISEMENT

Navy Football 2017

navyrugger

Gold Member
Sep 7, 2016
Annapolis
Just to get the bad taste out of the end of 2016.......

A good season, with a lot of great play. But no season is great when we lose the last three, plus lose to Army and Air Force. If we beat Army it might have been a great season at 10-4.

Today's bowl game was fun to watch. We certainly could have won, and Abey and the offense showed much promise for next year. The defense, as sad as it sounds giving up 500 yards and 48 points, looked better today in many ways, and I think was victim of a few unfortunate calls (PI in the end zone.....yeah it probably was, but that play gets let go most of the time). D actually looked alive and pressured the QB and had a few sacks. They couldn't make a play when it really mattered. They played hard, they just are bad more than they are good. That is the biggest question mark in my mind in the off season. Will we do anything different next year? I think Coach Pehrson should have to answer some tough questions and do some soul searching. I'm not holding my breath.

Anyway, I tip my hat to the team for their effort. A lot of fun to watch this year. If we said 9-5 with a division championship at the beginning of the year we would have all jumped on it. With the exception of the losses to AF and Army.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News